Wednesday, November 9, 2011





Here are my artworks for the first week of the  
November Creativity Challenge!


      I signed up for Leah Piken Kolidas's art everyday for a month challenge and WOW-what an experience! I have really enjoyed this process! These are smaller pieces 5"x 7", ink with watercolor pencils. When I started working on Week 2, I think I have gotten more warmed up as things are getting bigger and better!  I promise to show you real soon. My size went to 8"x 10" and I'm exploring my use with line more so they are taking longer to finish. Plus I am continuing to work on commission pieces so that take time as well. I hope you will enjoy these for now!
      I had forgotten how coloring is so close to therapy. The act of coloring, cleared my mind, and allowed me to get into the flow. I just let go.  It was exciting to paint with water and watch the color move into the spaces. During week 2, I am using watercolor paints to add color and then going into the areas with water color pencils to highlight or shade areas. I plan to go for canvas and mixed media/collage next. I can't wait to see all of the work by the end of the month!


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! All so vibrant in color. I'm enjoying AEDM too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice. good luck on the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments! I think I will need the luck to keep up the pace. What a great experience though!

    ReplyDelete